Mid QUENCH 22A – Mid Quench 22A Accelerated Data Sheet
- Mid Quench 22A – Quenching Oil Price £1.29 (208 litres)
- Mid Quench 22A – Quenching Oil Price £1.59 (20 litres)
Extremely popular – Accelerated Quenching Oil
Mid Quench 22A is a premium quality oil that is the widely used go to oil for use where an accelerated quench is required to improve hardness of the is a none accelerated quenching oil suitable for bath temperatures up to 80°C. It is based on specially selected solvent refined mineral oils to ensure consistent performance under arduous operating conditions. It is formulated to give exceptional thermal stability with maximum resistance to oxidation and sludging.
Mid Quench 22A is widely used for where an accelerated quench is required to improve hardness of the quenched steel. In particular it can provide the fast quench required to harden leaner alloy steels whilst minimising distortion. A carefully formulated additive package is incorporated into the product which reduces the vapour blanket stage, provides high maximum cooling rates and high quenching speed in the convection phase. Due to the advanced type of additives used it is particularly suitable for application requiring accelerated quenching characteristics with minimal component staining.
Mid Quench 22A is designed for general purpose applications and is suitable for use in open quench tanks, sealed quench furnaces and continuous furnaces of the shaker hearth, cast link and mesh belt type.
Quenching Oil – Applications & Benefits
- Sealed or open quench bath systems up to 80°C
- Continuous furnace applications
- None accelerated performance
- Long life oxidation resistance
- Uniform quenching over a wide temperature range
- Maximum hardness and physical properties attained in low harden ability and lean alloy steels
- Automotive Components
- Excellent thermal stability
- Arduous conditions and applications
- Controls sludge formation and drag out
- High flash point
- Minimises distortion of components
- High Viscosity
Directions For Use
- Shelf life 3 years from date of manufacture
- Designed to be used as supplied and is safe to use on most metals.
- Store sealed in a cool dry place between 5°C and 30°C material should always be stored indoors and protected from extremes of temperature.
- For guidance on handling and disposal please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet
|Mid Quench 22A|
|Characteristics||Typical Data||Characteristics||Typical Data|
|Appearance||Clear Yellow||Specific Gravity||0.86|
|Viscosity @ 40°C||20.5 cst||Flash Point (PMOC)||200°C|