Mid QUENCH 602.5 – Mid Quench 602.5 Data Sheet
- Mid Quench 602.5 – Quenching Oil Price on request (208 litres) – Moderate
- Mid Quench 602.5 – Quenching Oil Call now for our latest prices (20 litres) – Moderate
Moderately Accelerated Quenching Oil 602.5 – Mid Quench 602.5
Mid Quench 602.5 is a moderately accelerated cold quenching oil of low viscosity suitable for use at bath temperatures up to 80ºC. It is based on specially selected solvent refined mineral oils to ensure consistent performance under arduous operating conditions. It is formulated to give exceptional thermal stability with maximum resistance to oxidation and sludging.
Mid Quench 602.5 is widely used for where an accelerated quench is required to improve hardness of the quenched steel. In particular it can provide constant quenching performance and cooling speeds high stability under severe conditions. A carefully selected additive package is incorporated into the product which reduces the vapour blanket stage, provides high maximum cooling rates and high quenching speed in the convection phase.
Mid Quench 602.5 is designed for general purpose applications and is suitable for use in open quench tanks, sealed quench furnaces and continuous furnaces of the shaker hearth, cast link and mesh belt type. A popular product with sub contract heat treatment contractors due to the wide range of steels and applications the product covers.
Applications & Benefits
- Sealed or open quench bath systems up to 80°C
- Continuous furnace applications
- None accelerated performance
- Long life oxidation resistance
- Automotive Components
- Excellent thermal stability
- Arduous conditions and applications
- Controls sludge formation and drag out
- High flash point
- Minimises distortion of components
- High Viscosity
Directions for use
- Shelf life 3 years from date of manufacture
- Designed to be used as supplied and is safe to use on most metals.
- Store sealed in a cool dry place between 5°C and 30°C material should always be stored indoors and protected from extremes of temperature.
- For guidance on handling and disposal please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet
|Mid Quench 602.5|
|Characteristics||Typical Data||Characteristics||Typical Data|
|Appearance||Clear Yellow||Specific Gravity||0.86|
|Viscosity @ 40°C||20.0 cst||Flash Point (PMOC)||200°C|